Monday, May 31, 2010

Intro

04/52

Hello everybody and welcome to my blog "28 Days in Puerto Rico"

My name is Johnathan Barber and I am an undergraduate attending the University of Guam. I major in Tropical Agriculture and Fine Arts. I really love the sciences and I really love the arts. My major interest in agriculture is organic farming and aquaculture however I am fairly new to these topics. I hope to learn much over the next few years through my studies. While agriculture is my main topic of study I am also am an artist an avid photographer (if you want to see some of my work you can check it out here). This May I started to work part time as a research assistant photographing plants and plant related things. So far this job has been a dream come true and I have learned so much through it!! Over the years I hope to take my photography to another level. But enough about my photography and my studies now lets focus on the purpose of this blog.

So it all started last month when I was asked if I would like to participate in an internship program between the University of Guam and the University of Puerto Rico. The purpose of the internship would be to share information about agriculture between these two islands that are both near the equator but on opposite ends of the globe. All expenses would be paid and I would get a chance to spend the month of June learning about the agriculture works here in Puerto Rico. While I was hesitant at first I later decided that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I should take advantage of. I agreed to take part and everything was set. I would spend 28 days on "The Island of Enchantment" and learn, share and enjoy all that Puerto Rico has to offer.

So now Im blogging here to share with you and document all about my trip. I will try to keep it updated on a daily basis and tell you as much as I can through photos, videos, and writing. I hope to learn a lot during my time and at the same time make this educational experience a memorable one!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Johnathan! I love your blog...great work! I found it extremely well organized and gorgeous!!! Well done...it is also a memorable experience for those who get to live the experience with you again through this blog!!! Jessica-Puerto Rico

    ReplyDelete